A Brief History of Lodge #2
Posted On: May 25, 2021

The founding of the Scranton Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police, known as the E.B. Jermyn Lodge No. 2, came about as a result of the demand for an organization to fill the purposes.  In response to this demand, M.J. O’Toole, of Pittsburgh, organizer for the association, arrived in Scranton on July 16, 1917. 

President James P. McGouldrick, who seemed then to be the most vitally interested in the project, succeeded in getting a committee of fifteen to meet with Organizer O’Toole, and a few days later, on July 19, 1917, the E.B. Jermyn Lodge No. 2 was instituted, with 126 members, the second lodge in the State.  The Lodge is named in honor of the man who then occupied the exalted position as the Chief Executive of the City of Scranton.  Grand President Nagle made a special trip to this city to assume charge of the dedication of the lodge.

Scranton’s organization forged immediately to the front as a compact, harmonious and influential body in the Fraternal Order of Police.


-
  • Pennsylvania State Lodge FOP

    Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



  • Top of Page image